Monday, March 2, 2015

Irish Times: Day 1

This week, I am doing my work experience in the Irish Times. I am greatly privileged to have such an excellent week ahead of me.

After arriving in the paper's offices in Tara Street, we were introduced to Margaret from HR, who organised the placement. She took us on a small tour of the building. We saw the news desk, the editors, the supplements section and the canteen.


Then we all got into taxis and headed for the National Concert Hall. We were told that we would be going to see an event called 'Music in the Classroom'. Upon our arrival, we were greeted by one of the Irish Times' marketing team, who is in charge of organising these concerts. They have been running for over 25 years. 

Though I am unsure what the collective noun for a group of school children is, I'd say 'a cackle' would be quite apt. Because that's exactly what they did; chuckling and roaring non-stop throughout the 90 minute performance. The show was very entertaining, and it had everyone standing and clapping-along by the end. It featured music varying from the classical strings Tchaikovsky, to the adventurous sounds of Mission Impossible - All performed by the RTE Concert Orchestra.



After lunch, we went to the 'Little Museum of Dublin'. Though it was not my first visit to the museum, I still thoroughly enjoyed seeing the history of our capital being presented in such a jovial and rational manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment